Sunday 1 April 2012

T.E.A P.O.T.S

Me and my boyfriend LOVE tea. Tea makes the world go around! Therefore my number 1 task at present is to uncover a striking and prominent new teapot!

Here are some of my faves ;



The Brilliant "Tea Toaster"



How adorable is this Lola Goldstein teapot!? The bunnies cute knitted scarf comes included! 




This Jonathan Adler Elephant tea set would bring an imperial vibe to any tea party! I would feel so very Regal with this sat proudly on my table!





Continuing with the Oriental theme, this Rito Deco is simply gorgeous. The colour and pretty print would compliment a spot of Darjeeling Tea perfectly!


Tea tips
Here are a few suggestions on how to brew a perfect pot of tea, from Nicole Schon, owner of tnik, a Calgary-based premium tea and tea accessory company.

1. Pick your tea: green, black, white, you name it.

2. Boil your water -- but not too much. "For white teas and the occasional green tea, you want to keep the temperature a little lower, and the steeping time a little less," she says. Aim for no more than 170 F (72 C).

"White teas are the unopened buds. They haven't been subjected to the harsh elements, so if you just put them into boiling water, it shocks the tea and it will taste burned."

3. Black tea "is a little more hardy, more able to be mistreated," she says with a laugh. "You can put hotter water on it and let it steep for a little longer." Boil your water to approximately 180 F (82 C).

4. A cast-iron pot is ideal for black teas, because it will keep the tea really hot, whereas green tea does best in porcelain. "And with some of the teas that are prettier, flowering teas, you'd obviously want to make it in a glass pot, so you can see it."


Mad Hatter

I have fallen in love with the idea of a Alice in Wonderland themed tea ot too! The ultimate homage to the craziest Tea drinker ever - The Mad Hatter!
One day I would love to throw my own "Mad Hatters Tea Party" with glittery cupcakes and a whole load of tea! 



"Drink Me Tea" - you don't need to ask me twice!

I adore the chaos of this Teapot! The White Rabbit handle finishes this cute pot of nicely!
Find this little treasure here http://www.cardewdesign.com but save one for me!



Best of British

Here are some brilliant patriotic finds, channelling the "Best of Blightly"
I love the bright red, blues and iconic designs of Brit themed Teapots!




I'm not a big fan of Marmite, but I am a massive fan of this fabulous and fun "Marmtea" teapot (left) The Coleman and Lyles designs are dazzling too! You can buy these great finds on: http://www.ticatoca.com


Pay a lovely visi to http://www.allteapots.com for a huge selection of Teapots!


KEEP CALM AND DRINK TEA

No comments:

Post a Comment